Our service briefly explained

The Product Contact Point for Construction provides the following services:

  • information on the placing on the market and the use of construction products in Germany
  • information on the principle of mutual recognition and the application of Regulation (EU) 2019/515 in Germany
  • general information about the remedies and procedures available in the event of a dispute between the competent authority and an economic operator
  • the contact details of the competent authorities

The service is available to economic actors free of charge. You may contact us at pcpc-germany(at)dibt(.)de and will receive an answer from us within 15 working days. Enquiries can be submitted in English and German.

Legal references

We have compiled for you a selection of the most important provisions for the placing on the market and use of construction products in the European Union and in Germany.

EU provisions

National provisions

Information on the consequences of Brexit

The European Commission published the following information dated 9 July 2020:

For the time being, products manufactured in the United Kingdom can still be marketed in the European Union without restrictions. This will however change as of 1 January 2021 (unless a new agreement with the United Kingdom was concluded).

Starting from 2021, the United Kingdom will be a third-country for the EU. Certificates and ETAs or markings in accordance with the Construction Products Regulation (CPR), which are linked to bodies/authorities/manufacturers in the UK, will no longer be valid in the EU as of 1 January 2020.

This does not, however, apply to construction products which have been placed on the EU market in accordance with the CPR provisions before 1 January 2021. Such products may still be marketed until they reach their end-user.

Further information


Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik (DIBt)

DIBt is a technical authority based in Berlin, Germany. The Institute's first and foremost responsibility is to ensure the uniform fulfilment of regulatory and technical tasks in construction. But DIBt is also a service provider for the construction industry supporting them in numerous areas, e.g. in obtaining national technical approvals, general construction technique permits and evaluations of compliance with regulatory requirements for construction works after installation of product. In its function as a Technical Assessment Body, DIBt issues European Technical Assessments (ETAs). The Institute also carries out structural design type approvals as a structural safety control authority. In addition, DIBt performs other regulatory tasks on behalf of the Federation and the federal states.
For more information see

Market surveillance of construction products under the Construction Products Regulation

Construction products bearing the CE marking under the Construction Products Regulation are subject to market surveillance. You can contact the market surveillance authorities, for example, if you have detected deviations between the performance of a construction product and the corresponding CE marking or declaration of performance. Your first point of contact is the market surveillance authority of the federal state in which the manufacturer or importer and/or distributor of the construction product is based. The addresses of the individual contact points and detailed information on market surveillance can be found on the website of the joint market surveillance authority of the German federal states at DIBt.


If you believe that a public authority in an EU Member State does not apply internal market provisions correctly, you can contact SOLVIT. This online network offers a free complaints procedure as well as other information, for example on Brexit.


The European Commission's NANDO information system lists independent testing laboratories and certification bodies (notified bodies) to assist you in carrying out the assessment and verification of constancy of performance of your construction product. You can also locate Technical Assessment Bodies (TABs) where you can apply for an ETA.

If you are interested in topics such as mutual recognition, European legislative procedures, CE marking or European standardisation, NANDO proves to be a comprehensive vademecum.


Current European standardisation projects, information on the how standardisation work is organised and contact information of the European standardisation organisations can be found on the website of the European Committee for Standardisation – CEN.


In the European context, the German Institute for Standardization mirrors harmonised and  other European standards at the national level. These standards become legally binding when they have been harmonised in Europe and published in the Official Journal of the European Union. DIN is a member of the European Committee for Standardisation (CEN).

All DIN publications are distributed by Beuth-Verlag. Adopted norms, standards and numerous other regulations are available here.


On the website of the European Organisation for Technical Assessment (EOTA) you will find information on the voluntary path to CE marking via EAD and ETA. It is open to construction products that are not or not completely covered by a harmonised European standard (hEN).

Federal authorities

  • Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community (BMI)
    Alt-Moabit 140
    10557 Berlin
    Phone: +49 30 18 681 0
  • Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)
    Invalidenstr. 48
    10115 Berlin
    Phone: +49 30 18 615 0
  • Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI)
    Invalidenstraße 44
    10115 Berlin
    Phone: +49 30 18 300 0

  • Federal Railway Authority (EBA)
    Heinemannstraße 6
    53175 Bonn
    Phone: +49 228 9826 0

  • Federal Highway Research Institute (BASt)
    Brüderstraße 53
    51427 Bergisch Gladbach
    Phone: +49 2204 43 0

  • Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing (BAM)
    Unter den Eichen 87
    12205 Berlin
    Phone: +49 30 8104 0

  • German Environment Agency (UBA)
    Wörlitzer Platz 1
    06844 Dessau-Roßlau
    Phone: +49 340 2103 2416

Product Contact Points

Product Contact Points for various product areas – including construction products – have been established throughout the EU internal market. The idea behind this is to facilitate the free movement of goods for all economic operators.

The Product Contact Points service can be used free of charge by economic operators.

Product Contact Points in Germany

The Product Contact Point for Construction – Germany has been established under the umbrella of DIBt. You can obtain information about construction products and their use there. For questions on agricultural products, please contact the Product Contact Point for Food, Agricultural & Fisheries Products and Commodities. For all other products, please contact the BAM Product Contact Point.

Across Europe
Contact information for further European Product Contact Points